Emergency Water Damage Restoration Services in San Diego
Call us for help now:
Water Damage Experts
Abbotts Fire and Flood of San Diego is an IICRC Certified firm that provides expert 24/7 emergency water damage restoration services throughout San Diego County – including La Jolla, Bird Rock, Pacific Beach, and Mission Beach. Our team has over 30 years of experience in the areas of residential and commercial restoration of water damage, water extraction, emergency water removal, water mitigation, and sewage remediation.
We are committed to returning your home or commercial property to a pre-loss condition. As a locally owned and operated water damage restoration company for over 30 years, Abbotts has encountered many different water damage scenarios, from exploding water heaters, burst water pipes, and drainage line cracks to major floods and water damage losses caused by water main breaks.
Water Damage Threatens San Diego in All Seasons
One in 45 households in San Diego experience water damage each year. In Southern California, many businesses and homes endure floods from occasional torrential rains, and then develop mold problems in crawl spaces in warm climates. If your property is damaged or destroyed by water, the countdown begins to remediate the situation as quickly as possible. The sooner the area is dehumidified and dried, cleaned and managed to recover from water damage – and the lower the risk of hazardous mold growth.
You can trust Abbott’s Fire and Flood to respond quickly and take all necessary measures to protect your San Diego home or business.
Whether you have a pipe that has broken, a sewage backup, a fire or a natural disaster such as a flood that has destroyed your home, you can rely on Abbotts to help you repair your property and return your life to normal.
24/7 Emergency Restoration Service
60-Min Guaranteed Response Time
Certified, licensed, bonded & insured
Our Emergency Water Damage Restoration Services
24/7 Water Removal Services
Abbott’s will not only save you time and effort, but also will in most cases save you money. Dealing with water damage yourself is an expensive proposition.
The costs for extraction and drying equipment such as protective clothing, respirators, cleaning supplies, pumps and air-movers can quickly mount, costing you thousands of dollars from the start. And the expense will grow along with hazardous mold if your efforts fail to completely repair the problem and thoroughly remove the water.
Removing flood water from your water damaged property can be a daunting, dirty and dangerous task for you. Abbotts Fire and Flood of San Diego can shoulder the water damage restoration and cleanup burden so you can focus on getting your life back to normal – plus all of our services are covered by insurance.
One call does it all to get started on the water damage restoration process. Call Abbotts now: 619.391.9368.
Basement Flood Cleanup
A common problem in San Diego is water damage caused by basement flooding. Main plumbing pipes, sump pumps, sewer drains, and washing machines are all cause for concern for potential water damage in the basement of most homes. After a storm, excess water from the rain can cause a basement for some too. If you find water or sewage in your basement, call the experts at Abbotts Fire and Flood San Diego for professional basement flood removal services.
When you have a flooded basement proper water extraction and structural dryout is dire to prevent forthcoming problems. We will remove all traces of water from your basement to prevent the growth of dangerous mold, mildew, and other bacteria, all of which can be severe concerning your family’s health as well as causing damage to the structure of your home.
Appliance Water Leak & Flood Cleanup
Leaking devices are clearly an annoyance and can make a lot of mess, but they’re not the only issues you need to think about. We’ve seen many occasions where an appliance leak had not been fixed for hours because the homeowner was at work, as well as minor leaks that went unnoticed until a major problem arose.
In such cases, there is a potential for mold growth, damage to drywall, carpet and flooring, cabinet damage, and even expensive structural damage. Our certified technicians will be able to correctly assess the extent of the damage and easily provide complete drying and remediation. Even minor leaks should be addressed immediately to prevent further damage.
Many homeowners don’t realize when they don’t have a fully functioning appliance until a major problem arises. Below are some of the common ways appliances leak water:
- Water heater: Water heaters may have several leaks, including cracked or damaged pipes, loose fittings, or leaking tanks. Water heaters can also burst and instantly pour dozens of gallons of water into your home. Hot water is more dangerous than cold water, so it is important to act immediately if the water heater leaks.
- Washing machine: Washing Machine hoses are pressurized and many homeowners abandon the water supply when it is not in use. This can lead to a burst of lines spraying large amounts throughout your home or business. Slower leakage from damaged hoses and loose fittings can also cause water damage and mold growth on the walls behind the unit.
- Dishwasher: The leakage of the dishwasher will generally be caused by the drain line or the supply line. Drain line leaks can be either slow or abrupt, and very often contain category 3 water. Supply lines are under heavy water pressure, and these leaks lead to overflows that can damage the building.
- Heating & Cooling Equipment: Air Conditioning units in the attic are prime candidates for leakage, which is why it is important for a professional to inspect all aspects of the system for leakage, damage and blockage. Such leaks are often caused by condenser lines being blocked, which will cause ceiling damage to rooms below.
- Refrigerator: Refrigerators with built-in ice makers have a water supply tube. As in the case of dishwashers, this line can burst and cause a significant leak. Fridges can also experience slow leaks from the base, which will take longer to detect and can easily cause mold growth.
Coming home and finding out that you have a broken supply line to an appliance, such as an ice maker leak or broken supply line to a faucet or dishwasher, can be devastating – but we’re here to help.
Water Damage Restoration from Sprinkler System Leaks
Automated sprinkler systems are a great modern convenience, particularly for businesses and individuals in dry climates. An automatic sprinkler is often designed to save time and money while keeping the landscape new. Unfortunately, an undetected sprinkler leak or overlooked sprinkler system burst can cause expensive water damage to your home.
Prepping your lawn sprinkler system for the winter is essential to preventing costly water damage to your property. Sprinkler pipes and other parts of your sprinkler system are at risk of freezing and breaking when temperatures fall below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Freezing temperatures will cause any excess water to transform to ice in your sprinkler system. Increasing the pressure from the ice causes the sprinkler system pipes and fittings to burst and the valves to break. Water damage from sprinkler systems can be severe, particularly if the house is flooded by sprinklers.
Burst Pipe Cleanup & Clean Water Dehumidification
The plumbing system is the undisguised hero of any given property: it consists of an intricate set of pipes and faucets which carry water and remove waste. But when a pipe bursts, it can cause significant damage to your home or business.
Stop irreversible damage to property by contacting Abbotts Fire and Flood Of San Diego. We are experts in the restoration of water damage, working efficiently and precisely to remove water and restore your property by providing structural drying. We understand how frustrating such a situation can be, which is why we pay attention to the details and ensure work is done right the first time.
Common causes for pipe bursts and broken pipes include:
- Clogs: When there are clogs in the pipes, the water pressure will build up within, causing the pipe to move and to burst causing category 3 water leaving devastating consequences.
- Improper Installation: If the pipes are not properly installed at the outset, future problems can occur, including pipe bursts.
- Extreme Weather: When temperatures fall below freezing levels, the cold water left in the pipes will freeze and expand, causing the pipe to burst. The exposed pipes are particularly at risk of freezing and breaking down.
- Earthquakes: Small earthquakes can also cause move in pipes which can lead to failure.
- Tree Roots: The roots of the tree are naturally drawn to moisture. If the pipe is placed too close to the tree, the roots grow towards the pipes and eventually cause backups of the sewage drain lines into the crawl spaces of your home and business.
Our trained staff works effectively to minimize damage of lingering water before beginning our restoration services.
Water Damage From Clogged Gutters
Clogged gutters frequently result from debris such as leaves, twigs and roofing material which often prevents the passage of rainwater through the gutter and downpours. The purpose of the gutter system is to transfer water away from the roof and from the foundation. Obstructions may trigger rainwater to flow in undesired ways and/or linger too close to your house, potentially causing harm to foundations, crawlspaces and rooms below grade.
Avoid the sewage flooding the gutters if necessary. Trying to clean up clogged gutter water in the basement is nearly impossible when the rainwater is still flowing in. Long-term land grading may be necessary to direct the flow of rainwater from the building to prevent further water damage.
If you have more than one inch of clogged gutter water in San Diego County, you may need professional assistance from Abbotts.
Sump Pump Failure & Cleanup Services
If your sump pump doesn’t function properly, it can wind up costing you. Even tiny amounts of water can cause significant damage. The sump pump is designed to pump water through the discharge pipe and away from the foundation of your home. When a sump pump fails, the result is often flooded floors, flooded crawl spaces, basements, mold, and significant buckling of hardwood floors above a crawl space.
Here’s what to do if you suspect your sump pump may be failing:
Remove standing water immediately
The standing water arising from the sump pump, which is not operating, must be removed immediately. Abbotts Fire & Flood Of San Diego removes standing water. Water extraction equipment and air movers (like fans) may also be necessary to ensure that all the moisture and humidity from the sump pump failure is removed. Act fast – time is essential to prevent additional damage from water and mold.
Call us immediately at 619-223-1800 if you suspect that you are facing sump pump failure. Water damage recovery costs resulting from the overflow of the sump pumps can add up quickly – damage from the failure of the sump pump can impact crawlspaces, parking garages, hardwood floor and sub-floors. Humidity and moisture levels from standing water due to a sump pump not being maintained both provide ideal conditions for water damage and mold growth.
Water Damage From A Toilet Overflow, Backup, Soft Clogs or Supply Line Failures
One of the top five factors that cause water damage to a home is a toilet overflow. Whether it’s a clog in the bowl or a leak in the tank, the damage can be enormous – this is especially true when the bathroom is located on the upper floor and the water drips down to the lower levels of the home. At that moment, you have a Class III water loss, which means that water damage has happened from top to bottom and is impacting the walls.
Assessing the damage of the toilet overflow as with any loss of water is the first thing we will do when we arrive at your property is to determine the full extent of the damage. We will professionally extract standing water, spray, and disinfect using anti-microbial Quant-destroying pathogens and bacteria. We will then install the necessary equipment including air movers, dehumidifiers, and apply the S500 IICRC standard.
Attic Water Damage Restoration Services
There are several causes of water damage in attic areas. Attic water damage can result from roof leaks, leakage of HVAC systems, poorly installed equipment, poorly ventilated toilets, and moisture trapped in the attic
Since attics are often cut off from regular traffic, exposure to attic water damage often goes unnoticed until damage and undesirable odors present. By this time, you’re usually looking at the eradication of attic mold. Once you discover water damage to your attic, call Abbotts immediately – professional water extraction may be necessary to ensure that all moisture is extracted.
HVAC Water Damage Restoration Services
Water may ruin your house in a short period of time – clean water takes just 24 to 48 hours to start producing mold.
Leaking AC units can be risky, particularly if exposed. Exposure to water that is not properly cleaned will easily become a dangerous mold state, so the faster the HVAC leak is repaired and remediation begins, the lower the chance of dangerous mold growth. You will also need to make a call to the HVAC repair company, as licensed HVAC technicians are trained to work with electrical connections, refrigerants, and replacement parts.
How do you work to restore HVAC water leakage?
- Detailed analysis of water damage caused by AC leakage.
- High-tech infrared cameras and humidity meters shall determine the extent of water damage caused by HVAC leakage.
- Water separation, drying devices and dehumidification equipment shall be put in place.
- Further cleaning of water damage including decontamination, antimicrobials and sanitizers Until water damage has been mitigated, detailed assessments shall be made. Damaged floors, drywalls and baseboards may need to be restored.
HVAC leaks appear to go unnoticed until the water damage has happened. Uncontrolled damage to HVAC water can result in structural damage. That’s why it’s important to call a professional as soon as you see signs of HVAC leaks.
Hardwood Floor Water Damage Restoration Services
If your hardwood floors have been affected by water or rain, call Abbotts quickly to save money and reduce your damages and the inconvenience of replacement.
If your hardwood floors are covered in water, time cannot be wasted. Hardwood floors are extremely difficult to dry sufficiently to avoid warping and other damages – if they aren’t properly dried, you may have a mold problem or your floors will have other damages (crowning and cupping) that require replacement.
These Are Typical Examples Of Restorable Wood Floor Damage:
- Cupping: When the hardwood floor base absorbs more moisture than the surface, it makes the cupping happen. Cupping is one-sided moisture that causes the edges of your wood floor to rise above the center. This makes the floor look curvy, and it doesn’t look flat anymore.
- Buckling: Buckling typically happens after a home flood or crawlspace flood, and is considered to be one of the major water damages on the wood floor. It occurs when the hardwood floor lifts a few inches above the subfloor. It can only be repaired if you take immediate action
It’s very hard to match the quality of hardwood, so chances are any replacement flooring will devalue your floor and home. A better option is to dry hardwood properly and thoroughly using state-of – the-art equipment and techniques, avoiding costly, time-consuming repairs that disrupt your life or business.
We can do any hardwood drying and restoration job, big or small. We can even dry and restore the old hardwood floors. In addition, the safe drying and restoration of older hardwood floors is one of our specialties.
Our Other Water Damage Restoration Services
- Water Mitigation
- Water Cleanup & Extraction Services
- Standing water removal
- Monitoring and Drying-Out Process
- Deodorize and Sanitize
- Carpet Drying Services
- Foundation Leaks
- Hot Water Heater Bursts
Contact Abbotts today for your emergency water damage restoration needs in San Diego County!
Abbotts is ready to help.
Contact Abbotts today for your emergency water damage restoration needs in San Diego County!