Asbestos is a durable, fire-retardant fiber that was used extensively in a wide variety of construction materials up until the early 1980s. Extensive research found it to be a highly hazardous cause of lung cancer and other grave illnesses. These materials are not dangerous if they are in good condition and undisturbed. They only become dangerous if the material is disturbed or damaged so that asbestos fibers are released in the air where they can be inhaled. Improper removal may increase the health risks to you and your family.
Abbotts highly-trained and certified personnel employ a variety of protocols to control fiber release from asbestos including removal, encapsulation, repair, enclosure, and encasement.